![]() |
| Todd Heisler |
As the tenth anniversary of the September 11 attacks on America dawn upon the world, many have taken the time to reflect upon the events that took place on this devastating day and the reasons behind these attacks.
I myself am one these people, however through my reflections and a little research, I have been faced with an abundance of views that the September 11 attacks were not in fact attacks at all, instead, planned occasions and demolitions.
I cannot say that these views have come as a complete shock, as I have heard on various occasions that there seems to be conspiracy theories circulating the 'attacks', however until now I had never really looked into these explanations and what they proposed.
The view that presented itself as most shocking was the idea that the 9/11 attacks were planned by the American Government, who collaborated with individuals to carry out the plane hijackings, to make the events seem like a terrorist attack. This theory supports the idea that the planned attacks could be blamed on Al-Qaeda, giving the American leaders a reason to invade Iraq.
By why did they want to invade Iraq you ask? The reason must have been significant enough to counter for the tragic loss of almost 3000 lives. The answer conspiracists present is OIL!
These theorists believe that the U.S. was acting on behalf of an oil industry desperate to get its hands on Mesopotamian oil. The transaction of Mesopotamian oil had long been denied as a result of sanctions that prohibited business between U.S. companies and Saddam Hussein.
This idea that September 11, 2001 was a day of planned destructive activity is a theory that indigestible to me. I seriously believe that the leaders and decision makers of America would not begin to even consider a trade of almost 3000 of their people's lives, just to have the go ahead to invade a country with war.
The devastation of the events and the heart-ache that follows them to this day makes it almost unquestionable that these attacks were planned by terrorists, who have no value for their own lives let alone the lives of innocent civilians.

No comments:
Post a Comment